We have seen time and time again on the news or on social media, a clip of a perpetrator being caught attempting to break into a residence, or stealing something from a front porch. While a security system is a must to protect your home from every angle, cameras can be your first line of defense, especially the video doorbell, as 34% of break-ins occur at the front door. But which one is right for you?
At Southern Alarm & Security, we have found Skybell’s video doorbell to be the best.
SkyBell started in 2013 and its product line revolves around video doorbells and accessories. This California company creates affordable and DIY friendly solutions intended for protecting your home and making it smarter. With its main focus on the video doorbell, Skybell has created a great product that can easily be integrated with other home automation devices, as well as with your security system.
Easy to Use
The installation process is relatively simple for SkyBell, but it is hard wired to your existing doorbell wiring. You need to be comfortable connecting wires to the base if you want to completely install the system yourself. However, if you feel this is better left to the professionals, Southern Alarm & Security can step in.
The SkyBell app, on the other hand, couldn’t be easier to use. All of the features have a great layout, and it’s easy to access the video recording history, start a conversation via the doorbell, or keep an eye on your home with the live stream.
SkyBell is designed to work as a standalone device or as part of a larger smart home automation and security system. The motion detection and button press can both trigger several actions throughout the rest of your home automation system. For example, the system can be programmed to turn the lights on when the doorbell is pressed.
SkyBell Connect seamlessly integrates with the following products.
- Amazon Echo
- iControl Networks
What we like about the features:
- Silent mode:For myself, with two young children, I have found quickly that having a video doorbell where I can turn off the indoor bell is great for naptime or just any time you do not want to be disturbed. The app still notifies me when motion is detected or someone has pressed the doorbell, so I know a package has been delivered or someone is at the door.
- Slim dimensions:Unlike some of Skybell’s competitors, the slim design allows for this doorbell to fit on any door frame.
- Two-Way Talk:Easily talk to whomever is at your door through SkyBell to make them think you are at home even when you are not. Or if you feel this person is a threat, you can speak to them without ever going near the door while you get yourself to a safe location.
- Full color night vision:With 1080p image quality, you can easily recognize who is at your door day or night. Many of Skybell’s competitors can’t compare when it comes to night vision.
- Customizable:The sleek design of the Trim Plus comes in color options to match your home décor so it blends in seamlessly. In addition, you can choose the LED color that the doorbell displays.
- 5x Zoom: With HD image quality and 5x zoom, you can see anything going on around your front door.
Integrate with your Honeywell Home Alarm System:
At Southern Alarm & Security we are committed to providing the best service and equipment to our customers. If you would like to learn more about having a SkyBell installed in your home or business, please call us or request more information.
If you have a Honeywell security system with the Total Connect 2.0 app, you are able to view your Skybell in your Total Connect app for an integrated system.
Southern Alarm and Security not only specializes in alarm systems but can take care of all your security and smart home needs. Please call us and we would be happy to work with you to make your home safer.